Tuesday, June 12, 2012

How to cope with Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia never came to me as disease I had for more than 30 years now.  All the while, I also never thought that I was fighting it that made me overcome the feeling of fatigue when I wake up and the entire body pain that I was experiencing in the early stages of it.  Often on days I wake up and feel that way, I suspect that I am about to have flu or had one drink too many the previous night.
What was I doing to overcome body pains and the feeling of fatigue?  Here is how to:
  • When I wake up with that feeling, I force myself out of bed, have a cup of coffee then find something to get busy with.
  • Physical activity makes the pain and feeling of fatigue go away.
  • I do not take pain killers.
  • When walking, especially uphill, to avoid pain in the knee and feeling of having cramps on both legs, I rest every 200 meters or less.
  • I have made longer strides when I walk instead of my usual and normal short steps. 
  • I do not lie down to rest during daytime for more than an hour as it triggers the feeling of fatigue.
    Now that I am aware that it is Fibromyalgia that has been causing me this odd feeling, I will no longer wonder why I frequently feel that way.  With my age at 58 and getting older, I should be more physically active as fatigue and body pains get lost with the activity.
    Unknown cause of disease and no cure: Fibromyalgia

    Your Ad Here

    No comments:

    Post a Comment