Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tool Rack for Screwdrivers & Pliers

The frequent tools I use at home are a set screwdrivers both cross and flat tip, pliers and metal files.  I have several tool boxes and bags where I used to keep them, but always had trouble finding them.  Among the scrap I had was a 1-inch x 2-inch x 10-inch softwood.  After smoothing out the wood, I drilled 1/4 inch diameter holes at 1 inch intervals in the middle of the 2 inch surface of the wood on its on its length .  The holes in the middle were enlarged to accommodate one handle of mechanical pliers and a metal file.  To set the rack on the wall, I formed an aluminum flatbar to make two pieces of 1/8-inch x 1-inch x  3-inch aluminum angle bars bent 90 degrees on the one-inch mark.  I drilled 1/8 inch holes through the wide side and used wood screw to affix them on the softwood and wall.  Presto!  I now have a tool rack very convenient to find the tools I use often.

Your Ad Here

No comments:

Post a Comment